安装客户端,阅读更方便!

04人事管理(1 / 2)





  04 人事管理

  这次为什么迟到

  dialogue

  judy is late for work this morning. she has to give her executive bob an explanation about it.

  朱蒂今天早上迟到了,她不得不向主管鲍勃解释原因。

  bob: what made you so late, judy? you have been late for 40 minutes.

  鲍勃:朱蒂,你怎么来这么晚?你迟到了40分钟。

  judy: i am sorry for being late this morning,bob.

  朱蒂:很抱歉我今天迟到了,鲍勃。

  bob: judy, that's the second time this week,isn't it?

  鲍勃:朱蒂,这是你这星期第二次迟到,是吧?

  judy: yes. last time my bus was late. and this time the bus comes on the minute, but i hit rush hour traffic.

  朱蒂:是的。上次是公共汽车晚点了,这次按时到了,但我遇到了交通高峰期。

  bob: you always have a perfect excuse for your late. is it possible for you to take an earlier bus?

  鲍勃:你迟到总会有很完美的借口。你能乘早一点的班车吗?

  judy: i think so. i'm going to do that tomorrow.

  朱蒂:可以,我打算明天就那样做。

  bob: i am expecting for your good presentation.

  鲍勃:我很期待你的良好表现。

  judy: all right.

  朱蒂:好的。

  notes

  1. on the minute ׼ʱ

  2. rush hour traffi 交通高峰

  小贴士

  几乎每个上班族都有过迟到的经历,据俄罗斯报刊上发表的一项最新社会调查结果显示,13%的上班族每周至少迟到一次,24%的人会每月迟到一次。然而真实的迟到原因要么有些尴尬,要么微不足道。于是,大部分迟到者都会为自己找一个自认为最佳的理由。以下是一些很热门的迟到借口:

  1. i got stuck in traffic.

  我路上堵车了。

  2. i know it might sound lame, but my alarm clock somehow didn't go off this morning.

  我知道那可能听起来有点蹩脚,但我的闹钟今天早上不知道怎么搞的没有响。

  3. sorry, i overslept this morning.

  对不起,我今天早上睡过头了。

  4. sorry, i didn't catch the bus.

  对不起,我没赶上公共汽车。

  5. i was working too late last night so that i couldn't get up on time.

  我昨天工作太晚以至于今早没及时起床。

  6. i lost my key of my car.

  我把车钥匙弄丢了。

  7. my car broke down.

  我的车抛锚了。

  请假休息规矩多

  dialogue

  rudy wants to take a month's leave in january to visit his parents in china. he is discussing with the personnel manager ted about his leave.

  鲁迪想在一月份休假一个月去探望在中国的父母。他正同人事部经理特德讨论他的休假。

  rudy: morning, ted.

  鲁迪:早上好,特德。

  ted: hi, rudy. what can i do for you?

  特德:你好,鲁迪。有什么事吗?

  rudy: i'd like to talk to you about my vacation.

  鲁迪:我想同你谈谈我的假期。

  ted: ok, go ahead and tell me what you want.

  特德:好的。说吧,告诉我你有什么要求。

  rudy: well, i'm planning to have a month's leave in january and i want to use my threeweek vacation days for this year.

  鲁迪:我计划在一月份休假一个月,而且我想用我今年的3个星期的休假日。

  ted: so long? go on holiday for a rest?

  特德:那么长?是要度假休息吗?

  rudy: no, i want to go to see my parents in china.

  鲁迪:不,我想去探望在中国的父母。

  ted: good idea. but it also happened that henry wanted to get away in january too. and you can't be away at the same time as henry.

  特德:好主意。不过碰巧亨利也在一月休假,而你不能和亨利同时休假。

  rudy: why can't we both take a holiday when we want?

  鲁迪:为什么我们不能想去休假的时候都去呢?

  ted: because there must be someone to keep the work going.

  特德:因为需要有人把工作进行下去。

  rudy: i see, but i have a good reason for choosing january.

  鲁迪:我知道,但我选一月份休假是有原因的。

  ted: what's that?

  特德:什么原因?

  rudy: because in china we celebrate the spring festival in january this year, and it's our tradition to have family gatherings.

  鲁迪:因为在中国我们在一月份庆祝春节,而且春节期间全家团聚是我们的传统。

  ted: okay, i'll do my best to meet your request.

  特德:好的,我会尽量满足你的要求。

  rudy: that's very kind of you, ted. thank you very much.

  鲁迪:你真是太好了,特德。非常感谢。

  ted: you are welcome.

  特德:不客气。

  notes

  1. get away 逃脱;离开

  2. gathering ['g?e?ri?] n. 集会,聚集;捐赠(款)

  小贴士

  1. i'd like to take this afternoon off if it's all right with you.

  我今天下午想请假,可以吗?

  2. i really need to see a doctor this morning because i have a headache and i can't concentrate on my work.

  我今天上午必须去看医生,我头痛而且不能专心工作。

  3. would it be possible for me to take twodays off?

  我可以休两天假吗?

  4. all right, but don't forget to bring a doctor's note in tomorrow.

  好吧,但是记着明天把医生开的证明拿来。

  5. i've been busy with work for a long time and need a rest.

  我很长一段时间都在忙工作,我需要休息。

  6. would you please take your vacation after we finish the project?

  你可以忙完这个工程之后再休假吗?

  7. i can't make it to work today. i've got the flu.

  我今天不能来上班了,我得了流感。

  8. i want to have a three-week leave this month to prepare for my wedding.

  我想这个月请3星期假筹办婚礼。

  升职加薪看我的

  dialogue

  king has worked in the company for over eight years. he wants to talk with the manager about a pay raise.

  金在一家公司已经上班8年多了,他想和经理谈谈加薪的事。

  king: excuse me, manager. may i have a word with you?