安装客户端,阅读更方便!

03基本工作(1 / 2)





  03 基本工作

  收发邮件要及时

  dialogue

  as the assistant of the general manager, ann is told to send emails to the branch managers about the meeting.

  安是总经理助理,她被告知要给各部门经理发一封电子邮件通知他们参加会议。

  general manager: ann, come here please.

  总经理:安,过来一下。

  ann: yes. what can i do for you?

  安:好的。我能为您做些什么?

  general manager: i need an urgent meeting about the reason why our sales have slumped so badly. i'd like you to send emails to all the branch managers about the meeting.

  总经理:我需要召开一项紧急会议,商讨一下为什么我们的销售量急剧下滑。你给各部门经理发一封电子邮件,让他们参加会议。

  ann: ok. when will we have the meeting?

  安:好的。会议什么时间召开?

  general manager: at 10:00 this morning. everyone must be present on time.

  总经理:上午10点钟。每个人必须按时参加。

  ann: yeah, i get it. we'll have a meeting at 10:00 this morning. i'll send the email to all the branch managers at once. anything else?

  安:好的,我知道了。会议上午10点举行,我会马上给各部门经理发邮件的。还有其他事吗?

  general manager: that's all. please go to prepare for the meeting now.

  总经理:没有了。你现在要为会议准备一下。

  ann: ok, i'm on it.

  安:好的,我这就去办。

  notes

  1. urgent ['?:d??nt] adj. 急迫的,紧要的

  2. slump [sl?mp] v. 暴跌;突然倒下;n. 萧条期,低潮

  3. present ['prez?nt] adj. 出席的;现在的;n. 现在;礼物

  小贴士

  1. could you please check the email for me?

  能帮我查收一下邮件吗?

  2. please carbon copy me on the email as soon as possible.

  请尽快将电子邮件抄送给我。

  3. you can't receive an email because your mailbox is over its limit.

  你收不到邮件,因为超过了邮箱容量。

  4. we'd like to have the meeting on august 15. same time.

  8月15号开会,老时间。

  5. have you sent our information of our products to our cooperation partner?

  你已经把我们产品的相关信息给合作商发过去了吗?

  6. i check my email every day.

  我每天都查看电子邮件。

  7. tina, have you replied to mr. gates' email?

  蒂娜,你回复盖茨先生的邮件了吗?

  8. thanks to your timely reply, i got the detailed data at the crucial moment.

  多亏了你的及时回复,我在关键时刻得到了详细的数据。

  传真文件真方便

  dialogue

  anna is expecting some faxes from her customers, and now she is asking her assistant alice whether the faxes have arrived.

  安娜正在等客户的一份传真,现在她正在问助手爱丽丝传真收到没有。

  anna: alice, have you put this morning's faxes on my desk? i'm waiting for some urgent faxes from our customers, and i'm pretty sure they came in last night.

  安娜:爱丽丝,你已经把今天早上的传真放到我桌上了吗?我在等客户的紧急传真,我确定昨天晚上已经发过来了。

  alice: all those came in last night are on your desk. you can have a look at them.

  爱丽丝:昨天晚上传真过来的所有材料我都放在您桌上了。您可以看看有没有。

  anna: just for a moment. yeah, i get there are four pages missing. what's it all about, alice?

  安娜:等等。是的,我找到了。但是少了4页。这是怎么回事,爱丽丝?

  alice: i guess the fax machine was out of paper. i am sorry about that. i am going to call the customers and explain to them and ask them to send the faxes again.

  爱丽丝:可能是传真机没纸了,我很抱歉。我会打电话给客户解释,请求他们再发一份过来。

  anna: all right. be quick, please. it's very urgent. don't make any mistakes any more.

  安娜:好吧。请快一点,事情很紧急。不要再出现问题了。

  alice: i'll do it out of hand. i can assure you that you'll see the faxes in half an hour.

  爱丽丝:我马上去办。我保证你半个小时后会看到客户的传真。

  notes

  1. pretty ['priti] adv. 相当,很;adj. 漂亮的,标致的

  2. be out of 摆脱;在……之外;出于;缺乏

  3. not…any more 不再

  4. out of hand 无法控制;马上,立刻

  5. assure [?'?u?] v. 使确信,使放心;确保

  小贴士

  1. i am expecting a fax from head office.

  我正在等总部的一份传真。

  2. these copies are too light, so i can't make out any of the words.

  这些传真副本上的字颜色太浅了,我什么也看不出来。

  3. some pages of the fax are missing.

  这份传真少了几页。

  4. we didn't receive the eighth page of your fax.

  我没有收到你的传真的第八页。

  5. how do i know if my fax is sent?

  怎样才能知道传真已经发出去了?

  6. fax is much more convenient and faster than ems.